Practicing Meditation

Dragonchaser

I watched The Secret, one of my favorite movies, again on Thursday. Ever since then, I've found myself fired up to more seriously set myself on the path to fulfill my long-term dreams. I remember someone in the movie saying that one should close his/her eyes and visualize what he/she wants to accomplish for a period of "several minutes", feeling as if he/she is achieving or has already accomplished it.

Since I last watched the movie, I have applied using The Secret while practicing meditation. When I meditate, I put on meditation music, close my eyes, sit in a cross-legged position, try to block out all negative thoughts and distractions, and focus on visualizing my future goals, while feeling good about it in the process. I do all of these steps in the process every day, not opening my eyes or stopping the meditation process until the alarm I set on my cell phone goes off.

The first day I meditated, I did it for about 15 minutes, and so far I've increased meditation time by increments of 5 minutes every day following the first. After I meditate, I feel very different from when I felt before I started meditating. I feel lighter and have, at least virtually, no stress in my mind. I plan on working my way up to at least one hour of meditation per day.

This is how I meditate, and I hope all this stuff I posted helps others who are trying to meditate and/or use The Secret to help them achieve their goals. Any thoughts, comments, advice, or suggestions?

To achieve OBE your mind must be empty in other words do not visualize anything ; be focused but receptive , once you are in the astral you can focus on where / when/ what . It would also be beneficial if you could leave the music out BUT if you use the music to drown other noises that will distract you more - keep the music .

There is nothing wrong with visualizing different goals , Meditation is used extensively for that as well but there must be a clear distinction between therapeutically meditation and meditation as a tool to do whatever - astral travel , levitation , psychic balls etc.

Dragonchaser

Last night, I meditated for over 35 minutes. During meditation, I could hear what sounded like birds chirping a few times, and I could also hear a deep male voice, but I couldn't make out what he said, if he was saying anything at all. A little more than 15 minutes after meditation, I noticed that my mind felt very weird and couldn't focus on one thing at a time like it normally does, thus preventing from sleeping for a while. I suspect that my mind experienced a growth spurt last night. Now I notice I can do stuff like more advanced math like multiplication and division in my head more easily.

Most probably your subconcious at work , not sure ...
Maybe trying to establish a communication line between you and the cosmos .

Dragonchaser

I meditated, as planned, for over 40 minutes last night, but it wasn't a very good meditation. It started out good, but then there were outside noises that distracted me from focusing. There were two in particular that were really bad: my mom washing her face and (especially) playing a video loud on the PC while I was meditating.

What I do to meditate is put in a meditation music CD, close my eyes, and sit cross-legged, all for a certain period of time. I don't open my eyes and turn the music off until an alarm I set on my cellphone goes off.

Do you guys think this meditation experience was just because my mind must have been not focused enough? Or do you think that even people most experienced in meditation would find loud outside noises a distraction?

It depends on the unique situation . I try to avoid loud noises when meditating but I'm at a level where I can be in front of rave speakes with music full blast I will be able to meditate - even astral but it is not preferred .

Dragonchaser

I'm pretty sensitive to noise too, and I suspect I'm a light sleeper as well. As much as sudden loud noises annoy me, I will continue to meditate. I will make another attempt at it, just like I or another person would remember from the song "Try Again" by Aaliyah.

It is crucial that you overcome this problem before trying to OBE , when you are in the astral , your soul is conected to your body through a "cord" ; almost like an umbilical cord . This cord is your lifeline ; if it is disturbed while you are in the astral there is a danger that it will be severed and your soul will remain in the astral and your body will either die or be in a vegetative state .

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
Alright guys, I think I'm going to continue doing what I already am doing with my meditation process. I don't think it would be healthy for me to have an out-of-body experience or astral travel just yet. For now, I'm going to continue to visualize positive thinking and relax during meditation.

I'm thinking this kind of meditation process will do just as good in attracting aliens (the good ones) to me, especially if I direct my positive energy from a quiet area outside during darkness, particularly when I'm at a UFO haven such as Pine Bush.

I don't think it would be healthy for me to go at least 48 hours without food, especially at this moment in time when I have a part-time job, a voluntary membership at my college choir, and overall a life of my own. I believe I might become irritable and have less patience if I go at least 2 full days without food.

Am I thinking in the right direction?

Dragonchaser

Alright guys, I think I'm going to continue doing what I already am doing with my meditation process. I don't think it would be healthy for me to have an out-of-body experience or astral travel just yet. For now, I'm going to continue to visualize positive thinking and relax during meditation.

I'm thinking this kind of meditation process will do just as good in attracting aliens (the good ones) to me, especially if I direct my positive energy from a quiet area outside during darkness, particularly when I'm at a UFO haven such as Pine Bush.

Possibly , if indeed , it might enable you to "grow" spiritually to be ready . Your motives must be pure as well .

I don't think it would be healthy for me to go at least 48 hours without food, especially at this moment in time when I have a part-time job, a voluntary membership at my college choir, and overall a life of my own. I believe I might become irritable and have less patience if I go at least 2 full days without food.

That is the wise choice , for interest - the ancient high-monks fasted for more or less 7 days for an extreme journey . Some monks have been monks for all their lives and meditated at least thrice daily but never experienced OBE .

If it happens to you - consider it as a sacred GIFT to be used wisely .

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
I'm pretty sensitive to noise too, and I suspect I'm a light sleeper as well. As much as sudden loud noises annoy me, I will continue to meditate. I will make another attempt at it, just like I or another person would remember from the song "Try Again" by Aaliyah.

It is crucial that you overcome this problem before trying to OBE , when you are in the astral , your soul is conected to your body through a "cord" ; almost like an umbilical cord . This cord is your lifeline ; if it is disturbed while you are in the astral there is a danger that it will be severed and your soul will remain in the astral and your body will either die or be in a vegetative state .

This is practically impossible. The 'cord' can be an infinite length and is similar to elastic. It will not break while you are travelling around your neighbourhood.

If you are worried about attack and severance of the cord just remember your protection prayers and do not engage with any negative entities you encounter. If you become scared just will yourself back and you are back in an instant :)

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith

Possibly , if indeed , it might enable you to "grow" spiritually to be ready . Your motives must be pure as well .

That is the wise choice , for interest - the ancient high-monks fasted for more or less 7 days for an extreme journey . Some monks have been monks for all their lives and meditated at least thrice daily but never experienced OBE .

If it happens to you - consider it as a sacred GIFT to be used wisely .

If your motive is good you will attract the light, friends, relatives, others who will want to help you.

If your motive is not so good (I include sexual) then you need to take a little more care as you will attract likeminded entities who may not always vibrate positively :)

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith

I think you are definitely moving in the right direction and your attitude is very similar to my own. At first I wanted to go astral straight away, but just don't try to run before you can walk. Try concentrating on lucid dreaming and from there move into the astral travel, its a similar practice and they should compliment each other. it's a different approach. There are many benefits from meditation you will just find out in time how it works best for you :)