Debate Should we change events if we have the abilty to time travel?

dimension-1hacker

First i would like to outline a few factors.

As a scientist you can calculate the odds and it is less then zero. There is just no way he can be his own father. Not because of the rules of time travel but "timing itself" cannot allow for it. There are simply to many variables not to mention genetics.

Without going into detail the strongest swimmer will "win" there is no way for him to grantee that he will be the strongest swimmer. Why? well unless he has magical control over his genetics there is a 1 in 180 million chance that he would be a winner. That means he had to get everything right "first time" and not to mention the environmental aspects. Add to that other genetic principles things will get even less lightly.

i think what we have here is a "plot mechanic" and i don't think there is any real grounds. Yes the possibility exist but everything else is really almost impossible.
Changing what positions matter is in is a type of time travel. The changing was already predetermined before it occured in the past. Therefore the changing is technically your future and you caused a change by rewinding matter, no more no less no paradox solved.
Or time is an object, and not just a way to predict what matter would interact next and you are right.

Last edited:

dimension-1hacker

yes but space is not the factor as much as energy. Energy density has a limit to it as well.

Lets assume for a moment i can take a piece of gold and manage to pack more gold into it on a atomic level. At some point the atoms will be so tightly backed that the energy between them will become critical. Not to mention that it will be heavy as all hell. BUT because the earth has pulsation of 7.83 hertz it is safe to say its density has been unaffected for many years.

But lets get back to the thought experiment. What you will see when object becomes "so packed" it cannot move the energies WILL interact violently and you might find yourself in a state of fusion. There is really no telling at this point what will happen but it will be hot because all that energy has to go somewhere and as we all know most of the time it simply just get hot. But getting hot on this scale can be bad as it will not get hot slowly.

See a material in this state will probably form what some call High Mass Elements. Now you are welcome to google that. But i think you will reach critical mass long before that and the result will be something like a "Protostar or star or plasma but it will be hot" or some forum of fusion. Simply put atoms are claustrophobic they don't like to get trapped and when they do they start to react erratically.
My logical hypothesis is because one type of of thing that exists in space away from other thing of the same type without a second and third medium to automatic cause movement perhaps using pressure, nothing is causing any of those pieces of to move. These substances are made up of dimensions. I think somehow the way dimensions are cause matter to interact, and or pressure.

I think the popular view is point particles exist in the medium of nothing. Nothing is caused those particles to interact.

label

What if time travel is the answer to the Fermi Paradox, and our side won.

Now there is a thought and a half. If time travel in a physical form was possible it would allow us to reach destinations almost instantaneously and would solve a metric ton of logistic nightmares.

Sadly and i think in our current form we might well be the first and the last of "life" Hence why spirituality became so important to me.

If the star systems are really that old and life is the rule not the exception then we would have some positive indicator by now. It is simply not here and the things that are here are not aliens in the traditional way.

See the problem here is not only TIME and little grin men, and if there are little green men LEAVE MY SOCKS ALONE!!! it is getting expensive!!!

Back to life on other planets, see our tech that is looking for life on other planets is really good. But where is the space junk?

See we should have found "something" by now and we did. But this "beings" that we found was always around and they where never nice to us for the most part. They might well be earth bound or perhaps even part of our earth's history. Meaning they where never alien just very creepy shy and seriously angry at us.

i hate to say this but we are alone... Now we can say but what about this UFO and that situation and this situation and the other stuff that is locked away in area 51's sock drawer... Well UFOs are real they are doing their UFO things. But that is not to say they are not from our earth. They might well be of earth and just far more advanced and they might not like sharing.

Maybe the big scary secret is not that their is life on other planets. Maybe the big scary secret is we are sharing this one with them...

label

My logical hypothesis is because one type of of thing that exists in space away from other thing of the same type without a second and third medium to automatic cause movement perhaps using pressure, nothing is causing any of those pieces of to move. These substances are made up of dimensions. I think somehow the way dimensions are cause matter to interact, and or pressure.

I think the popular view is point particles exist in the medium of nothing. Nothing is caused those particles to interact.

You made me think... That is good i enjoy thinking and writing because there no more direct path then connecting thoughts to words.

Dimension is at its core a construct. It has to be one. the first to third dimension is what we know and understand on many levels. The forth dimension is perhaps simplified yet complicated mathematically yet it is still to a degree objective.

But the construct of energy in those dimensions are a bit more i wouldn't say complicated i would say it takes effort. But fundamentally energy will have weaknesses and strengths and i guess more to the point its behavior will adapt to the rules that the situation presents.

The question is how distorted will the energy become, what losses if any will happen and will it be normalized once it returns into its original set of rules. That i can't answer. But i do believe that there is a high possibility that all interactions might not occur immediately but will occur eventually and that much we know is true thanks to a lot of bright people hanging around the largest experiment ever conducted.

Simply stated you are by no means wrong. Truth is i think both of us would like some time alone with those big toys because i think we might see a lot more once we see it for ourselves. I feel that is the most honest reply i can give you.

dimension-1hacker

You made me think... That is good i enjoy thinking and writing because there no more direct path then connecting thoughts to words.

Dimension is at its core a construct. It has to be one. the first to third dimension is what we know and understand on many levels. The forth dimension is perhaps simplified yet complicated mathematically yet it is still to a degree objective.

But the construct of energy in those dimensions are a bit more i wouldn't say complicated i would say it takes effort. But fundamentally energy will have weaknesses and strengths and i guess more to the point its behavior will adapt to the rules that the situation presents.

The question is how distorted will the energy become, what losses if any will happen and will it be normalized once it returns into its original set of rules. That i can't answer. But i do believe that there is a high possibility that all interactions might not occur immediately but will occur eventually and that much we know is true thanks to a lot of bright people hanging around the largest experiment ever conducted.

Simply stated you are by no means wrong. Truth is i think both of us would like some time alone with those big toys because i think we might see a lot more once we see it for ourselves. I feel that is the most honest reply i can give you.
The process of thinking about and understanding the concepts is fun, and I enjoy writing.
thoughts: dimensions exist separately from each other or not? are they separate and how or not independent depends of distance and direction?
would 2d slabs form 3d shapes if combined at less then a 0 degree angle? parts of the 3d shape would be still be 2d. These dimensions are 2d because of 1d forming 2d. Without 1d shapes with no space in-between 1d shapes the 1d dimensions would be separate therefor only themselves and not 2d. Assuming the only way dimensions can exist if there is no space between them. dimensions cant be interdependent? because without objects dimensions cannot exist, therefor the idea or concepts of different dimensions means they are separate and 0d doesn't make of every other. almost there in terms of solving it.

The objects exist are made up of dimensions, but the ability for the objects to be dimensional exists without the objects existing. The objects are the dimensions but something else needs to exist for the dimensions to effect each other. The axis is causes 0 dimension or the difference between 1 dimensions because the 1 dimensions are formed by 0 dimensions different angles or the lines point in different directions. The points exist because 2 dimensional lines when separated have no width.

The dimensions have no space in-between them yet are different, because when separated have no length, width, height, and more; solution, all already and always there. take away height, length, and width the only thing less is something that has no length width and height but not 0. The axis or the ability for these things to exist; mass is a collector of all the potential to exist or hows and dimensions are these potentials existing? like puzzle pieces fitting into the framework containing all the puzzle pieces and separating the individual pieces?

what is not being something and being something related to anything? not being what? being not the thing I want to observe means I can ability to be outside therefor observe it but don't know how to. While being it means I can be it but not observe it. that is what it can be and what I defined matter as a thing that relative to nothing is solid and cannot do anything; yet it can. Therefor my definition is only one type of matter, a dimension, but how. Therefor there is something reason, solid particles cannot interact.

-- Descartes: question everything including how to question.

side note: amd stock will go up today, buy amd call option contracts to double amount of money invested! bullish 3d out of 5 ellliot wave. colors separate stages of thought on subject

Last edited:

dimension-1hacker

By saying people hanging around the biggest experiment in history, and playing with big toys warping energy, do you mean scientists experimenting using a particle colider or something else?

and interactions occuring eventually means in the future? first two causes and the third however it works is time?

dimension-1hacker

Philosophy can be seen as study of the fundamentals. Philosophy can also a theory. Both are right.

It is just the moon isn't made of socks... If only...

See i have a beef with scientist that publishes all these claims and mathematics and people simply accept it. Partly because they like the idea or they did the same math and got the same conclusion.

Me, i question stuff. i want to know how on earth they got the idea that a multiverse exist. Fundamentally it is only speculation. i mean we haven't even figured out what gravity is. We know what it does, we know how to calculate it and so on but we have no clue what causes gravity. Google it yourself but really dig into it because there is a lot of "not credible" stuff lurking around so make sure to find the source of the research you are presented with.

So i like to sit back and truly think about stuff. A multiverse cannot exist. And YES there was a time where i honestly believed it was possible. But now i know that we live in a universe. I know for a fact that time is linear and while i was staring at my screen i just realized that a time loop is impossible.

So lets get into the time loop. :coffee::coffee::coffee:o_O

Lets say i got my sock charged it with a billion lighting strikes and enchant it with the secret wand of secrets. Now i can open a door to my past. All good right i am going to travel back to 21 year old me and i am going to introduce 21 year old to the magic bullet of death. I see that handsome devil studying in his room walk up to him from behind and end him.

Now i will disappear. From that point on words i will no longer exist in any time line.

But wait a darn minute there Label! IF you do not exist and go back in time then the trigger cannot be pulled!

Well you are 100% correct. However i didn't kill poor 21 year old me. The wound did. And even if the bullet disappear along with future me the wound will not. See the wound became the "immediate past and future" and thus future me, my supper conductor sock and the secret wand of secrets are no longer needed nor the bullet that did me in. Because the wound was created in that time line, and it will continue to exist in that time line. Thus the "time loop" cannot occur because there is no future me to go back in time.

Sorry for the use of colors i just thought it would be easier to follow.

do you think the microwave photon inside a flux capacitor when subjected to the double slit experiment moves backward in time. Does the outside force cause the second copy of the photon to exist when being observed? If the outside force doesn't effect the photon or electron in the case of the double slit experiment, it which exists appears to be moving parallel to the original, the electron or photon cant be effected because it is not in the present while traveling at the speed of light.

Last edited:

label

That is more or less what they explained in several movies. Nice touch with the flux capacitor by the way. Now if you look at Rick and Morty they actually nailed it. There never should be more then one dot. And once the dot becomes divided it can become exponentially divided that is bad for many reasons.

The biggest reason is energy will behave in such extreme conditions. See it is not just about what exist and in what direction it is about the fact that exponential growth even for something as big as space can become a serious problem.

dimension-1hacker

That is more or less what they explained in several movies. Nice touch with the flux capacitor by the way. Now if you look at Rick and Morty they actually nailed it. There never should be more then one dot. And once the dot becomes divided it can become exponentially divided that is bad for many reasons.

The biggest reason is energy will behave in such extreme conditions. See it is not just about what exist and in what direction it is about the fact that exponential growth even for something as big as space can become a serious problem.
What is space? Define it? Exponential growth can be considered large from a small visual perspective but that does not mean that exponential growth is large relative to space.