Telepathy?

Creshna1c

I called someone and when they answered, something happened to my phone and I couldn't hear them talk. I asked if they were still there, and I knew she said yes without hearing her, then she asked my name, again without hearing her I told her. Then I read off my social security number to her with it still silent. The call continued this way. WTF? How did i know what she was asking? Could I have more than 5 senses? Do you?

Mayhem

Zenith
He goes by various names enough to fuck with your mind:)

Hahahahs, keep looking over your shoulder that black shadow walking in the corner of ya eye:)

Mayhem

Zenith
Nah im fine thanks i'l just take a flat white with one sugar.

I could say the same for you on some of your posts, the special one:)

Creshna1c

Nah im fine thanks i'l just take a flat white with one sugar.

I could say the same for you on some of your posts, the special one:)
Did you read my post on the Nakas? I'm Naka Ten. No one gave me any shit for that post. Why is that. It was my picture huh?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Let's keep things civil and respectful please.

Is this the first time such a thing happened to you?

Beholder

A simple theory would be that your perception is partially blocked, so that the sounds are processed through speech parsing and given to you, but the sound quality enhancement (what we think is raw input) based on matching with previous sound memories fail to output anything. The volume can be muted in your head (sometimes my volume is set so high that my blood circulation becomes painful to hear). Data transfer can be blocked from perception overload (migraine).

Everything we get from our senses is digitally reconstructed by the brain and each type of analysis is given separatelly, because the raw sensory input would be of too low quality to actually hear what people say. We hear a reconstruction based on what is most likely, from what was previously heard. I often hear Jazz music with people jamming while taking a shower, because that happened to be the closest match due to noise levels in old Jazz recordings, falsely matching in my sound reconstruction due to failed generalization in overfitted pattern matching.

I sometimes hear what people say seconds before they say it, which might be poor input synchronization, or accidentally thinking the same thing due to having the same input like when two random generators start off from the same seed and follow with determinism. Sometimes those things happen after I had a future vision of that day, so maybe you remembered it backwards through time due to quantum effects and consciously forgotten about your future prediction.