The implosion is accelerating; prepare while you can

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Re: The Implosion Is Accelerating, Prepare While You Can

The gaz prices are going up today in Quebec. In the main cities, it's like 1.51$\litre.
It's 5.72$\gallon.

Where I live, it's still at 1.39$\L, so I filled up my car today :(

gonzogirl

Ours is about $4.15 a gallon.:( Yes we the people will bend over and take it.... just ask! I hear that the supply is up so the prices go up. Then I hear that demand for gas has gone down and mass transit is big again. So that is such a contradiction! Supply has gone down....
The same with our mass transit here in Portland...Our Max lightrail ...witch runs on electricity is raising their prices along with the busses...because of the gas prices! But ridership is way up! Not more busses mind you but more people on the exsisting buslines. Everyone is using the supply and demand crap to raise the price of EVERYTHING!

kcwildman

Beastmaster

put gas in betty today ethel/prememum is sellin for 4.19 per gal. reg. is going for 3.97 per.gal. desel is 4.87 per. gal. in K.C.MO. well in mayberry bout 25 miles north of KC.
yeh gonzo it sux big time. the goin b.s. is the demand in china, india is whats driven the prices. not the US:confused:

Num7

Administrator
Staff

What can we do ?
Nothing...

That's sad, we can't do anything. If you don't need your car, don't take it.
If you need it, then you're f*cked. :(

kcwildman

Beastmaster

Numenorean7 said:
What can we do ?
Nothing...

agreed iffin you can walk/ride a bycycle/hitch hike:mad:
if you have to drive, well like you said payup and shutup.:mad:

Num7

Administrator
Staff

I'm lucky, I'm about 7-8 miles from my job.
Some people I know are maybe, 50 miles away. That's a long way.
Gas costs a lot of money to my boss, for the buisness. In the end, it's still me who's paying for it again.

gonzogirl

Numenorean7 said:
What can we do ?
Nothing...

That would be me right now. If I didnt have to take the twins with me to drop off at daycare I would ride the bus alot. I am actually starting to schedule my driving around the $ that it costs. I used to ride the bus for environmental reasons but with me now its a money game. I am thinking about where to job hunt and where my next daycare facility will be so that everything is close together. I drive at least 60 miles a day right now because I go to school and daycare and not to mention I live out in the boonies ....I spend about $300. a month in gas!
I used to be able to drive a whole month on less than half of that.:mad:

Num7

Administrator
Staff

oh, the links don't work for me :(

A guy in Quebec converted his car into an fully electric car.
He makes 100 kilometers, and he needs to plug the car in the wall 5-6 hours. He made it alone.

Num7

kcwildman

Beastmaster

Numenorean7 said:
oh, the links don't work for me :(

A guy in Quebec converted his car into an fully electric car.
He makes 100 kilometers, and he needs to plug the car in the wall 5-6 hours. He made it alone.

Num7
sorry, I think I got the links rite now, but remember I need my 12yr old daughter do most anything on this box. yeh I saw a drag bike made with cordless drill batts. and it worked good, and is real fast to recharge like 5-10 min. I'll see if I can find again. it was crazy to see it working