The Quantum Observer

Magic

Hey there,
I want to pose some questions related to time:
Does the act of observing the past through time travel actually change it? Could the observer become entangled with the past, causing unintended consequences in the present, like a butterfly effect on a cosmic scale? This raises questions about free will, predestination, and the very nature of observation.
Feel free to share your thoughts on it!!

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Depends on how time travel works and your means of observing the past.

If observing the past changes it, you're no longer an observer, though. That's an interesting concept right there.

Your question reminds me of the movie Deja Vu with Denzel Washington and Val Kilmer. It was pretty novel in the day. I'll try to start a thread about it now that I'm thinking about it. Their device to observe the past and the way it worked was pretty rad from what I can remember.

But yeah, my point would be, is it possible to actually observe the past? Or does watching it, makes you no longer a simple observer?

Magic

Depends on how time travel works and your means of observing the past.

If observing the past changes it, you're no longer an observer, though. That's an interesting concept right there.

Your question reminds me of the movie Deja Vu with Denzel Washington and Val Kilmer. It was pretty novel in the day. I'll try to start a thread about it now that I'm thinking about it. Their device to observe the past and the way it worked was pretty rad from what I can remember.

But yeah, my point would be, is it possible to actually observe the past? Or does watching it, makes you no longer a simple observer?
Exactly,I am also thinking about that!
You're right on the nose about time travel and observation being tangled up like spaghetti in a black hole. If just peeking at the past messes it up, are we even observers anymore? That's some serious paradox food for thought.
"Deja Vu" popping into your head? Now that's a movie that knew how to play with time in a mind-bending way! ✨ I remember being glued to the screen watching Denzel and Val mess with the past – that device they had was pretty wild, wasn't it? Totally down to start a thread about it and see what theories we can cook up!
But back to your awesome point, can we truly observe the past without messing it all up? Maybe observing works like a dimmer switch, with pure, detached observation on one end and meddling like a time-traveling bull in a china shop on the other. Perhaps different ways of "observing" could have different consequences, like ripples instead of tidal waves.
Are there sneaky ways to peek into the past without causing chaos? Or is observation always a bit…hands-on? There are more possibilities than grains of sand on a beach, and that's what makes this whole thing so mind-blowingly cool!
Let's keep bouncing ideas around and see where this time travel rabbit hole takes us!

Last edited:

Magic

Exactly,I am also thinking about that!
You're right on the nose about time travel and observation being tangled up like spaghetti in a black hole. If just peeking at the past messes it up, are we even observers anymore? That's some serious paradox food for thought.
"Deja Vu" popping into your head? Now that's a movie that knew how to play with time in a mind-bending way! ✨ I remember being glued to the screen watching Denzel and Val mess with the past – that device they had was pretty wild, wasn't it? Totally down to start a thread about it and see what theories we can cook up!
But back to your awesome point, can we truly observe the past without messing it all up? Maybe observing works like a dimmer switch, with pure, detached observation on one end and meddling like a time-traveling bull in a china shop on the other. Perhaps different ways of "observing" could have different consequences, like ripples instead of tidal waves.
Are there sneaky ways to peek into the past without causing chaos? Or is observation always a bit…hands-on? There are more possibilities than grains of sand on a beach, and that's what makes this whole thing so mind-blowingly cool!
Let's keep bouncing ideas around and see where this time travel rabbit hole takes us!
Here i found more suitable way to pose my question?

Imagine the past like a grand concert hall, filled with the music of history. Each event, from the roar of revolutions to the quiet hum of daily life, plays its part in the majestic symphony. We, with our time travel tickets (think funky glasses, not a rickety time machine!), sneak backstage to peek at the orchestra.

The closer we inch towards the stage, the more our presence stirs the air.Our observation, like the wave of a conductor's hand, subtly changes the notes, maybe even introducing a playful discord. Think of the butterfly effect with a musical twist: even a tiny movement from us could lead to a whole new melody emerging!

But what if the symphony itself could hear us? Imagine the melodies shifting like echoes in a vast hall, historical figures reacting to our unseen gaze, and entire pieces rewriting themselves based on our interpretation. Talk about a mind-blowing encore!

Remember that experiment where light changes its behavior when observed?It's like that, but for history! Could witnessing an event with our time-traveling eyes alter its course, blurring the lines between reality and perception?

This isn't just some sci-fi movie plot.Think of those shared false memories of historical events, like the Mandela Effect. Could it be a collective "observation" subtly reshaping the past on a large scale?

Doc 05

Zenith
Chronovisor?
type it in the search function.

One train of thought is you just create another "timeline".

But I still believe you can get trapped in a "terminal loop",
a groundhog day scenario.

but on a visor would you just be watching "reruns" or a new timeline?

In the quantum world, the slit test claims that the act of observation effects outcome.

This is going to take more coffee ;)

Magic

Chronovisor?
type it in the search function.

One train of thought is you just create another "timeline".

But I still believe you can get trapped in a "terminal loop",
a groundhog day scenario.

but on a visor would you just be watching "reruns" or a new timeline?

In the quantum world, the slit test claims that the act of observation effects outcome.

This is going to take more coffee ;)
Good perspective! You paint a vivid picture of the past as a shimmering ocean, and I love the analogy of our observation stirring the waters. It definitely adds a layer of complexity and responsibility to the whole time-travel conundrum.
Now, your point about the observer effect and historical events makes my brain do a happy little dance! Could our Chronovisor glances truly nudge historical figures down different paths, creating ripples that echo through time? If so, does observing become synonymous with interfering? Are we merely voyeurs or unwitting puppeteers of the past?
And that Mandela Effect examples! If a collective consciousness can supposedly rewrite shared memories, what does that say about the influence of individual observation? Does the past truly exist as a fixed entity, or is it an ever-evolving tapestry woven by our perceptions?

Doc 05

Zenith
I was wondering about remote viewing the past.
Remote viewers report their presence being observed by "entities",
this implies that there is a type of "physical presence"even with remote viewing.

So the question is; can one "remote influence" the past?

more coffee, please.

Magic

I was wondering about remote viewing the past.
Remote viewers report their presence being observed by "entities",
this implies that there is a type of "physical presence"even with remote viewing.

So the question is; can one "remote influence" the past?

more coffee, please.
Hey man!! I am just getting so mad!
Now I need a bulk of coffee as the rabbit hole is getting so deep!
You have really craved the new way to that question "remote viewing ".I forgotten about that .Thanks for reminding me
Now, I'm not saying it's a definitive yes or no. The science and mechanics of both time travel and remote viewing are still shrouded in mystery. But the very possibility opens up a whole universe of questions:

What kind of "presence" do remote viewers experience in the past? Is it a physical manifestation, or something more ethereal?
If we can observe the past, can we interact with it in any way? Even a subtle thought or emotion could have unforeseen consequences.
What are the ethical implications of potentially influencing historical events, even unintentionally? Could we rewrite history for the better, or unleash unforeseen chaos?

Now I first going to to take a coffee ☕😄

Last edited:

8thsinner

Hey there,
I want to pose some questions related to time:
Does the act of observing the past through time travel actually change it? Could the observer become entangled with the past, causing unintended consequences in the present, like a butterfly effect on a cosmic scale? This raises questions about free will, predestination, and the very nature of observation.
Feel free to share your thoughts on it!!
No, observing potential futures change the likely hood of you reaching that timeline, observations of the past have no such effect.
Reality is created and destroyed per planck second, there is no actual line or path, only frequency hopping form one to another, what we call timelines are only potentials of our awareness being in resonance with specific frequencies of the variations of potential. When we look at future potentials we observe and often try to figure out the how and why of them, this is what changes it, when you come back, you no longer make the same decisions that might have led to that potential. Prophets who look forward and successfully predicted things do so by visiting hundreds of different peoples potentials and bringing back the mean average of likely scenarios.

The past, Which one? The one you have already chosen and taken? Or one of the ones you didn't choose? Or one beyond your life time.
If you go back physically using material technology then you aren't going to the one you have already taken, unless of course you remember meeting yourself for example. But of course if you do, there are infinite variations you could choose from then on as you would be carrying a different level of wisdom and knowledge, and you aren't in your past, you are still in your present, you are just passing by one of the many potentials that did exist. Which one would depend on the frequency resonance or the precision of the machine to discern the micro variations of potentials.

If you go back in astral forms you can choose more easily to change which potential variation you view, presumably anyway, because if you have the skills of the mind to get there, you are on the verge of being able to choose through will whether or not you stay in that one.

So what is cool though, if you follow the path of potentials leading you to create a time machine, or steal one from the government or other et races, then at any second of your life you exist in, in the now, there is a variation beside your current frequency reality to see yourself appear from one of the future potentials. In fact, you could argue that thinking this way, feeling into this potential and taking actions towards it you could actually manifest it happening sort of retrospectively much more quickly.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
None of us have a way yet to answer your questions. There doesn't appear to be any scientific support yet for viewing time the way it is presented to us in our minds. We have freedom of choice. But more and more evidence is coming in showing multiple outcomes exist simultaneously. Then there are individuals that experience de-jar-vu. Kind of like remembering the future.