Timeline without Christianity

Gnostic Christian

it is too bad you don't have what it takes to see how wrong you are.

Ditto.

Show you are correct and match my logic that follows. Or admit you cannot.

Faith closes the mind. It is pure idol worship.

Faith is a way to quit using, "God given" power of Reason and Logic, and cause the faithful to embrace doctrines that moral people reject.

The God of the OT says, “Come now, and let us reason together,” [Isaiah 1:18]

How can literalists reason on God when they must ignore reason and logic and discard them when turning into literalist?

Those who are literalists can only reply somewhat in the fashion that Martin Luther did.

“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”

“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

This attitude effectively kills all worthy communication that non-theists can have with theist. Faith closes the believers mind as it is pure idol worship.

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our faith based friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

If you cannot argue your point, in such a way, you know you are wrong.

Regards
DL

dimension-1hacker

something without facts is by definition something without facts. Experiences something that you think is a religious experience could be caused by many things other then something religion related, so experiences don't prove religion. Reading a book about a particular religion, the book does not prove the religion true inherently. Insults also don't prove the religion, it may reflect badly on the person insulting.

SinisterThinking

They are not related. The opposite of love is "not love" or ambivalence. The opposite of hate is "not hate". Their only relationship is they are both emotions. One is not required for the other.

It's like a pot of water. To get from ice to steam, the water goes through phase changes. At the point it becomes steam, the fact that it was ice at one point is not relevant(or necessary) in any way. But the question is CAN "Love create hate". I will stand on no. To get from one to the other, you must cross an emotional string that has no transitional phase. It's simply different.

alpha centauri

Faith without facts is for fools.

I want to add:
It is scientifically proven that you need faith. So faith is a fact. Otherwise the placebo effect would not exist. The placebo effect is proof of our Godly sparks in us. I think that is the believe of both of you, anyway.

The change in consciousness at will is often called magic. But it is the same as the mentioned placebo effect or faith. You access your bond with God. But you have to do it in a positive way. The negative way is what is called evil in the bible. Magic is also often portrayed as the evil access to faith but I use a different definition.

Are faith and believe synonymous in English? I hope so. Some people say there is a difference.