Trump wins - Glass is half full

Wind7

Staff
Affordable healthcare started out as a result of people not being able to get good, affordable health care right?

So what the bloody blazes happened?

Obamacare started out as a good idea however, what we have right now is shambolic at best.

To make healthcare become soooo out of reach for the masses and then to penalize the same people for trying to figure out a way to live without it
is absolutely criminal.

Not to mention that ' preexisting condition rule' which can/does effect those whom have medical conditions which go by at times untreated.

I hope for the sake of the people,
that Trump with the help of a unified house, can make changes for the future that all can agree on.

Seems that politics as 'usual' has been an utter failure.

Erm....sorry for the rant....
... ...

Wind7

Staff
How is the end of Obamacare in any way a good thing? You'd prefer lots of people to not have health insurance?

Before Obamacare anyone that wanted health insurance could have it at a very reasonable price. But now because of supply and demand health insurance is no longer affordable. Obamacare did this. And then to punish Americans who don't need health insurance with a penalty tax is criminal. I might add that 80% of Americans have no need or desire to have health insurance. I think it is the criminal tax penalty that has killed Obamacare. If the government wanted to make health care cost go down, an effort should have been made to increase the supply of doctors.

Lol where do you get your statistics?? Most people want health insurance. And with obamacare, it's actually a lot more affordable to the lower classes and elderly. Taxes are a bit higher for some, but actually premiums are lower for many others. And a lot more people are alive today because they've been able to pay for hospital visits and operations.

Which is also true so,

What the bloody blazes is going wrong?

A good friend whom has his own small business went from paying 84.00 to 1,500.00+ a month in under two years for health insurance.

Ouch.

I'm trying to understand.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
How is the end of Obamacare in any way a good thing? You'd prefer lots of people to not have health insurance?

Before Obamacare anyone that wanted health insurance could have it at a very reasonable price. But now because of supply and demand health insurance is no longer affordable. Obamacare did this. And then to punish Americans who don't need health insurance with a penalty tax is criminal. I might add that 80% of Americans have no need or desire to have health insurance. I think it is the criminal tax penalty that has killed Obamacare. If the government wanted to make health care cost go down, an effort should have been made to increase the supply of doctors.

Lol where do you get your statistics?? Most people want health insurance. And with obamacare, it's actually a lot more affordable to the lower classes and elderly. Taxes are a bit higher for some, but actually premiums are lower for many others. And a lot more people are alive today because they've been able to pay for hospital visits and operations.

You must live in a bubble. The statistic I used was what was prevalent just before Obama's second term. I thought that was kind of odd that he became president for a second term when Obamacare was hated severely back then. Rigged election? Definitely! We've seen proof of how the Democrats rig elections this time around. I will never pay for health insurance. I don't want it. I'm just part of that healthy 80% of Americans that have no need for it. My expendable income will be spent the way I choose. Not on some frivolous commodity like health care.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
@rd42

My insurance is going up to $1200 per month. I can't afford it. My deductible is $4000 per person. That means I HAVE to pay the first $4000. I don't have $4000. It takes me a year to save that much and I just spent it on my son's orthodontics. Most of the doctors won't accept Obamacare. I lost my Oncologist (cancer doctor). There is only ONE primary doctor left on the list.

So, basically, Obamacare is insurance I can't use. Might as well put money in savings instead. THAT'S why Obamacare is bad.

Chances are, nobody believes me, but I will scan my insurance letter if you want. And I'm not rich by any means. I live in a small house and have 2 old cars.

rd42

Okay, so we'll say it's helped some people, and hurt others. But definitely won't agree with Einstein (ironic name), whom I noticed in another post sympathized with Hitler lol - if anything, 80 percent of people want health insurance, as it's pretty much a right to have it, like in Europe and Canada.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Okay, so we'll say it's helped some people, and hurt others. But definitely won't agree with Einstein (ironic name), whom I noticed in another post sympathized with Hitler lol - if anything, 80 percent of people want health insurance, as it's pretty much a right to have it, like in Europe and Canada.

Over here in the US most of us are healthy and don't buy things we don't need.

With Hitler I only suggested the world might be a better place if he had finished the job in exterminating all the Jews.

And if anything, this election is proof that democrats don't rig elections...

Actually it's proof that Democrats have been busy rigging the whole election. Wikileaks has helped show that without any doubt at all. I seriously doubt Hilary won the popular vote. But thanks to rigged voting machines we will never know what the real count actually was.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
Not necessarily. I'd bet anything that there were a lot of voter precincts that went exactly 100% Democratic, just like there were in 2012 and before.
With Hitler I only suggested the world might be a better place if he had finished the job in exterminating all the Jews.
That sounds quite antisemitic. Not all Jews are bad. And for your information, I'm Jewish myself.

But please, no heated arguments, or I'll have to lock this thread.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Not necessarily. I'd bet anything that there were a lot of voter precincts that went exactly 100% Democratic, just like there were in 2012 and before.
That sounds quite antisemitic. Not all Jews are bad. And for your information, I'm Jewish myself.

But please, no heated arguments, or I'll have to lock this thread.

I have nothing against Jews personally. My favorite Jew is Dennis Prager.

But many of the worlds problems have an alarming number of Jews at the helm. Almost like there could be some genetic trait contibuting to harming their fellow man.