What is your rant?

Khaos

where the wild things are
Unsolicited calls... Well its partly my fault. A little background, I've been looking for a second job, and posted my resume on an online job seeking site so employers can view it and if they like what they see, they can call/email me and set up an interview. So anyways, I end up instead getting unsolicted calls from college recruiters, and salespeople trying to sell their products. I registered at the site Snagajob.com. Which is the culprit here.

I found out through one of the college recruiters that he saw on my profile I had an option selected "I would like to be contacted about furthering my education" I never saw this option during registration, I didn't find the option until I went to edit my profile. I'm pissed about that. That they would hide that option, and set me up to be bombarded with unsolicited phone calls from telemarketers.

So I went and deslected the option and you know what it does after I save the edit? It just defaults and shows as selected again. I end up calling their customer support service, talking to a variety of people. Ended up getting the profile removed from the site.

So now I have to deal with these recruiters. One in particular who was rather persistent about getting in contact with me. Every time I answered, I would hear a humming sound in the background, like an automated service machine. No voice, just the hum. So I hang up, about two hours later it would call again. This has been going on since yesterday. I called the number up and it kept ringing and ringing. This number even called at 3:36am according to my caller ID.

Today at 5:02pm it calls again and I pick up and I finally speak to a human being! Your typical outsourced india accented guy, who wanted to offer me college classes at universities. I said, that I have no interest, and I would like to be removed from their database. He said he is unable to do that from his end, and I said could you transfer me to someone else who can. I told him that I have been getting these phone calls at all hours, and he claims that their call center is only open between 8am and 5pm.

Oh really? My response to him was: Well then why are you talking to me if its 5:05pm? He stuttered a bit and I asked again, can I be transferred. They ended up transferring me to someone who speaks spanish, I speak little spanish and asked if I can be transferred to an english speaking person and they did. And I spoke to a guy who apologized for the frustration and I will be removed from their list.

I hope so... I did learn a lesson here. Don't put your resume online. That particular website violated my privacy, by giving my information out to third parties without my knowledge and consent. Hopefully I get no further harassing calls at 3am.

TnWatchdog

Unsolicited calls... Well its partly my fault. A little background, I've been looking for a second job, and posted my resume on an online job seeking site so employers can view it and if they like what they see, they can call/email me and set up an interview. So anyways, I end up instead getting unsolicted calls from college recruiters, and salespeople trying to sell their products. I registered at the site Snagajob.com. Which is the culprit here.

I found out through one of the college recruiters that he saw on my profile I had an option selected "I would like to be contacted about furthering my education" I never saw this option during registration, I didn't find the option until I went to edit my profile. I'm pissed about that. That they would hide that option, and set me up to be bombarded with unsolicited phone calls from telemarketers.

So I went and deslected the option and you know what it does after I save the edit? It just defaults and shows as selected again. I end up calling their customer support service, talking to a variety of people. Ended up getting the profile removed from the site.

So now I have to deal with these recruiters. One in particular who was rather persistent about getting in contact with me. Every time I answered, I would hear a humming sound in the background, like an automated service machine. No voice, just the hum. So I hang up, about two hours later it would call again. This has been going on since yesterday. I called the number up and it kept ringing and ringing. This number even called at 3:36am according to my caller ID.

Today at 5:02pm it calls again and I pick up and I finally speak to a human being! Your typical outsourced india accented guy, who wanted to offer me college classes at universities. I said, that I have no interest, and I would like to be removed from their database. He said he is unable to do that from his end, and I said could you transfer me to someone else who can. I told him that I have been getting these phone calls at all hours, and he claims that their call center is only open between 8am and 5pm.

Oh really? My response to him was: Well then why are you talking to me if its 5:05pm? He stuttered a bit and I asked again, can I be transferred. They ended up transferring me to someone who speaks spanish, I speak little spanish and asked if I can be transferred to an english speaking person and they did. And I spoke to a guy who apologized for the frustration and I will be removed from their list.

I hope so... I did learn a lesson here. Don't put your resume online. That particular website violated my privacy, by giving my information out to third parties without my knowledge and consent. Hopefully I get no further harassing calls at 3am.
Isn't it nice to be so popular...lol. I was even pissed off just reading your rant. Great information to share here about those low life telemarketers.

Khaos

Well the rather persistent telemarketer that I told off today, and requested to be removed from their database hasn't called me since I got off the phone with them around 5pm yesterday (3:14am right now)

Here's hoping it stays that way. I haven't gotten any other telemarketer or college recruitment calls since 5pm, funny enough... But really, it just pisses me off.

Well one piece of advice I can give when dealing with the same continual harassing telemarketer, just ask to be transferred to someone higher up. And be polite about it. When I say I told him off, I was polite, but not kind. I basically stated I am frustrated at your constant calls when I have already said no, and I would appreciate you remove me from your list. And when he couldn't do that, I asked to speak to someone who could.

You collect more flies with honey than you do with vinegar ;)

Last edited:

Khaos

Parents... I understand they mean well, but I gotta say, that my mom's behavior today was quite childish. The woman is nearly 50 years old and tells me to "grow up" and today I got to tell her for the first time to "grow up" and guess what, it felt good. I got something stolen off me and I didn't make a big deal about it, it pissed me off of course, but I didn't yell and scream and accuse random people like she did... I literally had to grab her by the arm and drag her out of there, cause she had upset another woman who wanted to knock my mom on her ass.

You want to set a good example for your children, don't act like children!

Khaos

Post relationship drama bullshit-

Get a phone call at 9am sharp this morning from my ex's boyfriend. Bitching me out about who I am to text his boyfriend. Then get a call from my ex who apologizes for his boyfriend's behavior. Then go into an hour long conversation about how he is mistreated in this relationship and wishes we were still together.

-_-

As much as I would like to date him again, I'm committed to someone else. I feel bad for the guy though, he shouldn't have to put up with this manipulative and controlling "boyfriend" of his.

And as far as I'm concerned, there is no law stating I can't be friends with my ex's. But I do know there is a law against putting my foot up someone's butt, and his "boyfriend" is going to get just that if I ever meet him.

TnWatchdog

Get a phone call at 9am sharp this morning from my ex's boyfriend. Bitching me out about who I am to text his boyfriend. Then get a call from my ex who apologizes for his boyfriend's behavior. Then go into an hour long conversation about how he is mistreated in this relationship and wishes we were still together.

-_-

As much as I would like to date him again, I'm committed to someone else. I feel bad for the guy though, he shouldn't have to put up with this manipulative and controlling "boyfriend" of his.

And as far as I'm concerned, there is no law stating I can't be friends with my ex's. But I do know there is a law against putting my foot up someone's butt, and his "boyfriend" is going to get just that if I ever meet him.
To me an ex will always be an ex and for good reasons. I would just ask your ex what his problem is and move on. He like other ex's out there had their chance but now are history. Unless they are writing a history book about relationships they have nothing to say. My ex said to me she couldn't tell me a thing and I said that's right...case closed. Tell the ex's in your lives to move on and get a life. I wouldn't put the effort in putting a boot up their butt...this would be a waste of time as they would still be a pain in the ass. This of course is my opinion...

TnWatchdog

-_-

To me an ex will always be an ex and for good reasons. I would just ask your ex what his problem is and move on. He like other ex's out there had their chance but now are history. Unless they are writing a history book about relationships they have nothing to say. My ex said to me she couldn't tell me a thing and I said that's right...case closed. Tell the ex's in your lives to move on and get a life. I wouldn't put the effort in putting a boot up their but...this would be a waste of time as they would still be a pain in the ass. This of course is my opinion...

Khaos

-_-

To me an ex will always be an ex and for good reasons. I would just ask your ex what his problem is and move on. He like other ex's out there had their chance but now are history. Unless they are writing a history book about relationships they have nothing to say. My ex said to me she couldn't tell me a thing and I said that's right...case closed. Tell the ex's in your lives to move on and get a life. I wouldn't put the effort in putting a boot up their but...this would be a waste of time as they would still be a pain in the ass. This of course is my opinion...

Sorry, but I disagree. And you obviously didn't read my entire post. I mentioned we are friends. He is still a human being, and I intend to treat him like that, we may not have a solid bond like we once did, but I'm not going to shut him out of my life and treat him like some alien from another planet. If you want to do that to yours that is fine, but you have no right to dictate what I do with mine.

Are we clear? I don't have an issue with him. The issue is with this new guy he is hanging with and that is my rant, if you had read my post like its stated, you would have seen that, instead of employing selective reading.

TnWatchdog

-_-

whatever

Sorry, but I disagree. And you obviously didn't read my entire post. I mentioned we are friends. He is still a human being, and I intend to treat him like that, we may not have a solid bond like we once did, but I'm not going to shut him out of my life and treat him like some alien from another planet. If you want to do that to yours that is fine, but you have no right to dictate what I do with mine.

Are we clear? I don't have an issue with him. The issue is with this new guy he is hanging with and that is my rant, if you had read my post like its stated, you would have seen that, instead of employing selective reading.
what ever

Justinian

You know.. I now understand slightly how scientists feel when they hide facts that can change history. I mean you spend your whole life devoted to one cause. You become an expert at it. And then here comes this guy that has no degree, nothing, just a shovel and a pickaxe, and destroys your whole entire world in a single blow. I'm saying that I hate when you devote everything of your life to a cause (irregardless of public opinion) and then here comes somebody that knows nothing about what you do or what you stand for and tries tearing you down. Skeptics. Sometimes certain things will happen whether you want them to or not. So you jump to volunteer to be in the forefront and all you hear is bashing about what you're doing. It's a sad part about living in our society. I mean look at German soldiers in WW2. They all thought they were doing something great. Bad news for them was that they lost the war and so the prison guards at Auschwitz were hunted and sentenced to death. I mean did they order it to happen? No, but they were sentenced based on the guilt that they didn't try to stop it. The same goes for all lives. Not everyone is killing innocents, but the rest of us are just trying to do our jobs, but it's the people that sit back and don't act. Those are the ones that feel they have the right to judge everyone. For right or wrong, people join wars. But, at least they act. Take the overweight woman jogging down the road in tights. Does she look silly? Yeah, but I don't laugh when others do, because at least she's trying. She's making that effort. I've reprimanded people for that. I reprimand my kids for it. But as people living in "free" societies we feel we have the right to judge without acting. I really don't like PETA, but I admire their will to persevere. Now the other treehuggers.. No. I've been the victim of a tree spike one time and I'd like to find the person who put it there and take my chainsaw up his arse. The soldiers in Vietnam came home to such bad mouthing. Now a days, they're finding all kinds of people claiming vietnam vet status weren't ever there. It's like it's cool now to be a vietnam vet. The soldiers overseas now sometimes face that same ridicule. Always with.. well you would never be there if.. or, if you didn't join then you wouldnt have to be there... Those people that say these things.. Never would even consider joining the military. That tells me that if TEOTWAWKI happened, they wouldn't lift a finger for me. But for me; if that happened, I know where my brothers are and I know I can count on them and they on me. With my business I run, it hits rough patches. I mean it's a business, shit happens. And all I hear are people saying I should sell it, pay off my house and get a real job. I mean.. really? This coming from people that are way past retirement age and still working trying to give me financial advice? It doesn't work that way folks.

So I guess overall my rant has come to be that I really really dislike those who have never participated in something, and probably don't leave their couches much, judging others that are at least trying to act. Because if everybody just sat around eating cheetos all day long, our society would be like in Idiocracy. Or worse. I have been on the blunt end of skeptics, and all knowing geniuses (lol), way too often. I've taken the blame for way more than I've done. But when I look around.. I think; "Wow, I'm here. Where are those people? Broke, desolate, down, and out. Yet, I'm somewhere because I acted. Those who never acted and only judged, are still living off of their parents and will never amount to much else in life." I think we hit a point in life and discussions where we need to stop and think about what we're saying. Does the person on the receiving end of my tirade really deserve this? I've found over the years that if you want to voice your opinion negatively about a subject, you never do it to a person that has the experience and the heart to go with that subject. I have a lot of political views, but I don't feel I know enough to go barge into the White House demanding that I be let in so that POTUS can hear MY opinion on some subject. But.. this is the internet and we feel safe behind our glass monitors, so we feel it best to parade ourselves as better than others.

Rant over. It's been a while since I posted on the P, so I've had a lot of anger built up. Thanks for this thread. :p