What is your rant?

TnWatchdog

My rant is that money...or should I say excessive money gives too many people a sense of power or the sense of being a miracle worker. Many examples of these miracle workers come from Hollywood and the sports world. I say they get paid too much but with the law of supply/demand...we have created this problem. I could go on and on but the purpose of this post was in response to a video I watched.

This whole basketball thing in North Korea is crazy...and this rant by Rodman is as crazy. For all you Rodman fans, this has been my opinion...I didn't mean to burst your bubble.

TnWatchdog

Say I have no compassion...whatever...after a six pack I don't give a blank. I was watching the news and the discussion on concussions in the NFL came up. Now I do feel bad that some have to suffer but IMO, they knew the risks. Sure years ago they weren't paid much but who was? I did a bungee jump thing at a sports bar in Minnesota and had to sign my life away. If something happened to me, I myself was responsible...no one else. Call me heartless but life is full of choices...work at Taco Bell if you want to minimize yourself to any potential bodily injuries. This has been my opinion so if you don't like it I really don't give a blank...lol

Last edited:

TnWatchdog

Consumers are, as usual, getting screwed...less for more.
I've been working on an overhang and a treated 2x8 is, what it normally is, 1.5"×7.5". I also used a SPF(spruce, pine, or fir) 2x8 and it was 1.5"×7.25". I noticed this while lining it up with the treated one. This is a big difference when you remodel and try to match what is there. Also I was working with some 16"×16" patio pavers and both home improvement stores I shop at had the same price but one store was selling a paver with a size less then the 16x16 but at the same price.
At the grocery store:
Had some grape tomatoes 16 oz. size and another has a container that looks the same but 10 oz.
Talked before on a thread with Einstein regarding eggs. Medium, Large, and now Jumbo sizes...most look small to medium to me. Playing games with people.
Saw some chips with 'family size' on the bag. Looks plump with the air in it but in reality you could eat them all yourself and would need to buy other bags for each family member.
Coffee I use came in a 34.5 oz container now one that is the same diameter but shorter with 24.2 oz...screwed again.
Now if I did a job for someone, did less, but charged the same or more would that make sense?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I didn't know we had this thread. I've already ranted about Obamacare, so I won't repeat that. When I think of something, I'll be sure to post. :) :)

Oh, I know -----

I was promised by my parents that if I got a job, they'd watch my kids, especially during Christmas break. All I need are 4 days.
Well, they backstabbed me and decided to go visit my sister, leaving me high and dry with no babysitter. Believe me, I was pissed. They turned the whole thing around to be me just acting up. :mad:

That's my rant.

TnWatchdog

I didn't know we had this thread. I've already ranted about Obamacare, so I won't repeat that. When I think of something, I'll be sure to post. :) :)

Oh, I know -----

I was promised by my parents that if I got a job, they'd watch my kids, especially during Christmas break. All I need are 4 days.
Well, they backstabbed me and decided to go visit my sister, leaving me high and dry with no babysitter. Believe me, I was pissed. They turned the whole thing around to be me just acting up. :mad:

That's my rant.

TnWatchdog

I hate standing in line or picking the wrong line to stand in. I often find myself counting the items of the person in front of me to see if they are cheating or actually have 20 items or less in their cart. My luck is when someone in front of me creates a price check or screws up on their payment causing delays and more delays...oh well it could be worse.

paradox404

Finding work:

I've been trying to find work since 2014! I've applied hundreds of times as well to various places! "We want a 12yr old with 58yrs experience", if you don't then go away is the typical sort of attitude they use. Anyway there is one thing in particular that’s really ticked me off.

I applied for this job at a fast food shop recently and apparently they really needed someone for the graveyard shifts. Me and my mate apply for work there. He got the job within 20mins of the interview and when I applied for the same job I didn't hear anything for a few days, so I went in. The manager says "I've got some more candidates to interview", being at this a while, and partially due to my sixth sense I knew that meant that I was basically a backup if the others didn't work for him. I went in again 6 days later and asked and he said I'd hear today, well that was yesterday.

This idiot had been holding me up for 10 days! I wouldn't be too ticked off normally but the way that their system works is that if a shop wants an interview, all the other applications are put on hold until they decide or you withdraw. So basically this guy had held me up because he only had his own best interests at heart.

And did I mention there no entry level jobs anymore?

TnWatchdog

Finding work:

I've been trying to find work since 2014! I've applied hundreds of times as well to various places! "We want a 12yr old with 58yrs experience", if you don't then go away is the typical sort of attitude they use. Anyway there is one thing in particular that’s really ticked me off.

I applied for this job at a fast food shop recently and apparently they really needed someone for the graveyard shifts. Me and my mate apply for work there. He got the job within 20mins of the interview and when I applied for the same job I didn't hear anything for a few days, so I went in. The manager says "I've got some more candidates to interview", being at this a while, and partially due to my sixth sense I knew that meant that I was basically a backup if the others didn't work for him. I went in again 6 days later and asked and he said I'd hear today, well that was yesterday.

This idiot had been holding me up for 10 days! I wouldn't be too ticked off normally but the way that their system works is that if a shop wants an interview, all the other applications are put on hold until they decide or you withdraw. So basically this guy had held me up because he only had his own best interests at heart.

And did I mention there no entry level jobs anymore?
Yeah, I hear you...I learned not to wait on anyone as they only have their interests in mind, not yours. I was told by one person that if you were applying for a sales position, let's say siding, that there were many applicants and several that had actually sold siding competing for the same position.The employer can now pick race, height, sex, age, etc for their 'chosen' one.

I found the best way to get a job is from someone you know within a certain company. They can let you know what the company is looking for and recommend you for an interview.

I found that the best is to work for yourself. It is feast or famine but I like it better than being a corporate puppet.

Good luck...you can do it!