Debate Why can't I point out pseudoscience?

I think there's a sliding outrageous shit scale.
It's logarithmic though - like the Richter scale.
Each full level is ten times more outrageous shit than the previous one.

Harte

Yeah like a pseudo-richter scale..Some of the shit you read about this stuff would level an entire Washington DC city block! And those are some big ass blocks!

iamonarch

Manners are indeed important. Not referring to other people's ideas or opinions as shit would be a good start.

If you weren't civil, or were lacking respect towards other fellow members, then yes, your posts might have been deleted.

Thanks.

--...I like this guy X D

Negan

THE member
There has to be a line to how outrageous shit can get and whether or not you can call call it outrageous shit.

I 100% agree. I haven't been on very much, so I'm not sure to which threads / posts you're talking about. I don't know the circumstances either. However, I don't think the admins and mods are against pointing out fallacies, but it may be pertinent to watch how you point those out. Again, haven't seen your posts but can only assume the mods found them grating in one way or another.

This and many forums like it have less than honest members. Many will use anyway they can to convince others of their credibility or to attach a sense of credence to themselves, or what idea they're pushing.

My main issue is, many claim to have some extraordinary power to see into the future and have evidence of said ability yet provide no proof and instead, tell you to take their word for it. When called out, they'll just go into defense mode (typical of liars) and play it off.

If you did in fact post reasonable exchanges of your dismay, pointing out fallacies and the mods deleted them for less than stellar reasons, then I say shame on you mods.

We need credibility. Paranormal believers already get the short end of the stick as it is. Mixing liars into the mix with nonsense stories further damage us all.

The definition of paranormal is "a popularity contest" if not it should be.....You're going to have kooks no matter where you are, on a forum or in a department store.....