Are you a Prepper?

HDRKID

TAKEN FROM Fed: Americans’ wealth dropped 40 percent - The Washington Post
The Federal Reserve said the median net worth of families plunged by 39 percent in just three years, from $126,400 in 2007 to $77,300 in 2010. That puts Americans roughly on par with where they were in 1992.

Debunkers chose to giggle and make fun of me. Then they say that everything is fine and I am crazy. World situation is not improving. In fact, it is getting worse.

There is certainly nothing wrong in preparing. Question is what do you see. I think most know at some level what is coming. :(

Samstwitch

Debunkers chose to giggle and make fun of me. Then they say that everything is fine and I am crazy.

That's what happened with Noah. People mocked and laughed at him when he was building the ark...but not when the rains came. :eek:
People said even God couldn't sink the Titanic, but it sank and everyone died.
It is better to be wise and prudent...better to be safe than sorry.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

HDRKID

Thank you. Life will actually be better after the war. People will not live in fear anymore. Here is how I create protein for my chickens. They are the an essential part of being a prepper.

Samstwitch

Thank you. Life will actually be better after the war. People will not live in fear anymore. Here is how I create protein for my chickens. They are the an essential part of being a prepper.

3 QUESTIONS: Do you have this device to breed the larvae, and if so, where did you get it? Or do you use some other method? Can these larvae be bred in Texas hot/cold weather?

kcwildman

Beastmaster
I realy don't mean to be a party pooper but but all this neat stuff will be left behind when you are forced to move. no one will be able to stay anywhere more than a few days at best. those who manage to secape the first round of patrols gathering up the populations of citys and small towns will be hunted like animals.

Samstwitch

I realy don't mean to be a party pooper but but all this neat stuff will be left behind when you are forced to move. no one will be able to stay anywhere more than a few days at best. those who manage to secape the first round of patrols gathering up the populations of citys and small towns will be hunted like animals.

It will depend on where people live. If they live in the forest, country or some kind of rural area, they will have a chance to survive. If the SHTF then the gov't won't have the resources to police the entire USA. The gov't will focus more on big cities.

I'm moving to an area on the outskirts of Ft. Worth, Texas. The area there is mostly undeveloped country. However, there's a small tract of new homes where my son is living. As soon as I'm settled, we're going to start a Neighborhood Watch for our tract. During the course of it, I will get them all into Prepping. My plan is to turn the homeowners into a small community that will work together when hard times come. I've done this before, so it can be done.

That's one of my biggest and most important plans for Prepping. I advise others to do the same. After I get resettled in Texas, I will make a Blog with instructions on how to start and organize a Neighborhood Watch.

Some tips for starting Neighborhood Watch Group:

1) Never meet at anyone's home, because you don't know who will show up for the meetings, meaning drug users, criminals, etc. Always have meetings at a neutral place, such as a Community Center, church, etc. (Many churches have a large room for entertaining.)
2) Choose a time and day when everyone can attend, i.e., NOT on Monday night football, NOT Wednesdays for church goers, NOT weekends, etc. (I held our meetings every 1st Tuesday at 7 p.m. at the local Eagle's Club.)
3) Pass out FLYERS on colorful paper, going door-to-door, a day or two before the meeting. (A local Staples store printed my flyers as a donation to the community. We copied them in Black and White, but we used colorful lime green or orange paper, so they were colorful and caught people's attention.)
4) Get in touch with your local Police Department and tell them you want to start a Neighborhood Watch. They should have a special officer to help you get started.
5) Take orders for Neighborhood Watch signs, i.e., plastic ones for the windows, and metal ones for street signs, and plaster your neighborhood with them. Ask for Donations for the large metal NW signs. Ask your local Police Department if they will hang the signs and tell them where you want them posted. (I did this in Eureka, CA. We plastered our neighborhoods with signs.)
6) Teach people to lookout for their neighbors, watch for strangers and strange activity. Example: A neighbor saw a moving truck pull up to the house next door during daylight hours. The truck was loaded with furniture and household goods, and drove off. The neighbor never bothered to investigate and it turned out that robbers took everything in the house. True story, just happened recently.
7) Teach them how to secure the neighborhood, i.e., install Motion Detectors, post NW signs, report suspicious activity to Police, etc.

Once you get your NW Group established...
1) Urge them to start organic gardens.
2) Urge them to prepare for any disaster. Start their own Emergency Preparedness Kits/Supplies.
3) Make a list of who has skills, whatever they may be: Pass out forms for everyone to fill out listing their Names, Skills, and address/phone, and assure them, keep that information CONFIDENTIAL.

At my NW meetings, sometimes I had guest speakers, put on displays of Emergency Supplies and where to order them, held a class on using Deadly Force with the Chief of Police as teacher, and much more.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
Your scenario is one of many. Who says we will be hunted? In many scenarios every human will be in survival mode.

yes in the first few days it will be total confuseion however the Gestapo will move in rather quickly to stop the criminals,,I mean you do know this is all planned out to the last second. they prison camps are built almost all the local police squads have been turned into military units its all in place and ready to go. the only ones who won't be licking the boots of the FEMA thugs are the very few true believers. and they will be on the run .you won't be able to buy or sell anything or even let your self be seen by anyone . the prophecy says even your family will turn you in,( the father will deliver up the son the daughter will deliver up the mother unto death) . which to me indacates some type of a bounty or reward for info on folks who don't want to get tagged like a cow.

Octavusprime

I believe there are many possible scenarios that could play out. You obviously believe in one very specific one. Your hypothesis does have merit and is something to consider if planning for the end of days. I have my reservations about such a deep and long planned conspiracy, but then again what the fuck do I know?

I do however see past events as good indicators of future ones. Especially when we as a species fail to learn from our past failures and shortcomings. I also see the writing on the wall and believe social unrest spurred by natural disaster, economic downturn, terrorist actions or full out war have a damn good chance of happening in my lifetime. This unrest will claim many lives and will take years to recover from, if we can recover.

During the turmoil There will be power struggles by those who wish to control. It is an age long game that has changed hands too many times to remember. It is important during these times to embrace the good of humanity. It will be easy to revert to violence. It will be tempting to kill, steal and take what you want. Helping others and having/making friends will be more important than ever. At the same time be prepared to fight, especially for that which is right and just.

I feel our species has had little evolutionary pressure imposed on us in the past 50 years. We have figured out how to extend life to those that are unhealthy and then pass these genes off to our offspring. We no longer fight for survival and because of this don't appreciate life and take it all for granted. We have completely enslaved the earth and think of it as a huge resource to be exploited. We have become weak. Weak in character and weak as a species in general. Sure we are "conscious", can make tools and are the top of the foodchain so to speak but can we learn to coexist with the world around us in a meaningful and sustainable way?

When did we become gods? When did we decide that we are above billions of years of evolution? When did our lives and desires become more important than the lives of other organisms or entire ecosystems? When did we forget that we are part of this ecosystem and that every single system is connected in whatever minute way to every other organism on earth?

We have lost our way and unfortunately it will take a terrible awakening before we can truly see. I hope when the veil is lifted from our eyes we have the humility and wisdom to recognize our faults, rise against those who perpetuate this self made hell and do what is needed to put it all back into balance.

I have faith in man. I have to. If faith is lost than we fully deserve to be wiped off this rare and beautiful planet.

Inanna

Here's all the survival kit you will be left with, if....IF, you make it through what's to come. Google the Svalbard Seed Vault,and The Georgia Guide Stones.

Attachments

• CF47208077_125902977028[1].gif
    CF47208077_125902977028[1].gif
    68.2 KB · Views: 1