Its impossible to time travel without causing a paradox

jimord

i experience something similer, usally its when i day dream or da ja vu happens or when i got to sleep and wake up.

its horrible too, because its like ive done somthing 7 times and i can't change or already done the same thing etc. also this is part of my theory about future, past and now paradox/loop

Himalayan Hermit

I guess your answer proves you are not a time traveler. A real time traveler would just travel forward in time to see me post the question. And then come back to post the correct answer. And apparently this test actually works. We have had one person successfully pass the test so far.
Really?? Wow, how did I miss that. Was it a post on this site? Is it possible to find more on this?
Thanks!!

Himalayan Hermit

You should stop by more often. Here is the link: Time traveler test
Thanks for sharing the link. I didn't go past the page you shared as it was all random chatter, but The Observer passed your test. Didn't that make you go nuts? Or Did you take it 1:1 with him instead of updating the public thread?

I think the odds of him knowing that "42" were really mindblowing. At any rate, you never did ask the question, so I don't understand how he went into the future (if we assume for a minute that he actually did) and knew what you were going to ask (on this forum I suppose), which you never did (or at least I did not find it or perhaps you asked 1:1).

Mystified!

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Thanks for sharing the link. I didn't go past the page you shared as it was all random chatter, but The Observer passed your test. Didn't that make you go nuts? Or Did you take it 1:1 with him instead of updating the public thread?

I think the odds of him knowing that "42" were really mindblowing. At any rate, you never did ask the question, so I don't understand how he went into the future (if we assume for a minute that he actually did) and knew what you were going to ask (on this forum I suppose), which you never did (or at least I did not find it or perhaps you asked 1:1).

Mystified!

A few more posts later I did post my question. Maybe your browser didn't display it and it wound up on the next page. I calculate the odds at infinity to one against him coming up with an answer to an infinite number of questions I could have asked. In case you still can't find it, my question was "How old are you?"

Cirrus

A few more posts later I did post my question. Maybe your browser didn't display it and it wound up on the next page. I calculate the odds at infinity to one against him coming up with an answer to an infinite number of questions I could have asked. In case you still can't find it, my question was "How old are you?"

What if he said 101?

I guess my beef with The_Observer's answer is that the question called for a subjective answer even if age is finite for a person. If The_Observer doesn't come out and say, "yup, I'm 42 years old," then we don't really know if he answered the question correctly.

Himalayan Hermit

What if he said 101?

I guess my beef with The_Observer's answer is that the question called for a subjective answer even if age is finite for a person. If The_Observer doesn't come out and say, "yup, I'm 42 years old," then we don't really know if he answered the question correctly.

Well, as long as Einstein had "how old are you" question in mind 101%, and assuming him and The Observer are not playing a game on all of us :D
Then either The Observer is either a Time Traveler or a Mind Reader (assuming that Einstein is indeed 42)

There is no other explanation and I don't buy the theory that he "guessed it".

@ Einstein, I fail to spot any surprise or WTF expression from you (again apologies, as I did not read all the pages of the thread) on how he came up with 42 (and I'm assuming that is your real age).
:D

Peace

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
What if he said 101?

Anytime that question was asked of me, I always answered with a number. But you are right about the test being subjective for my benefit.