Its impossible to time travel without causing a paradox

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Well, as long as Einstein had "how old are you" question in mind 101%, and assuming him and The Observer are not playing a game on all of us :D
Then either The Observer is either a Time Traveler or a Mind Reader (assuming that Einstein is indeed 42)

There is no other explanation and I don't buy the theory that he "guessed it".

@ Einstein, I fail to spot any surprise or WTF expression from you (again apologies, as I did not read all the pages of the thread) on how he came up with 42 (and I'm assuming that is your real age).
:D

Peace

It was a test for time travelers to pass with ease. Since it requires the use of a time machine to pass the test. He answered my question before I posted the question. I did ask him to answer the question I haven't asked him yet. But the number he replied with was what I assumed to be his age. My age is a bit older than that. However I was surprised. Since I fully expected no one to ever pass the test.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Wasn't "42" the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams?

If so, then it seems as though a leg is being pulled.

I guess you are entitled to your opinion. The test was subjective for my benefit. The hoaxers hate the test. Since a few hoaxers have been exposed as hoaxers. Due to the fact that they are unable to pass the test. (Time machine not working, I guess)

Apri1

It was a test for time travelers to pass with ease. Since it requires the use of a time machine to pass the test. He answered my question before I posted the question. I did ask him to answer the question I haven't asked him yet. But the number he replied with was what I assumed to be his age. My age is a bit older than that. However I was surprised. Since I fully expected no one to ever pass the test.

Your test actually requires more than a time machine. It requires: fully functional backwards+fowards travel, with timeline measurement and manipulation. It needs fine control over the exact arrival period, and needs to be reusable a few times (to arrive in the past, go to the future, then go back to the past). All to pass a dumb test that can be passed by guessing (which has convinced you that a hoax is a time traveler). The guy who "answered" your question did not respond with his age. And he failed the test by any objective measure.

taykair

Apri1,

I agree that the question posed by Einstein was not answered correctly, and you are right that a more proper answer would have been "I am 42 years of age" or "I am 42" or just simply "42" instead of "42" followed by the addendum of "not understanding". That was a giveaway.

However, I can't agree with your assessment of Einstein as a moron or retarded. He seems to be a decent and intelligent chap to me. (After all, he regularly gives my posts "likes". Anyone who does that is not only intelligent, but has exquisite taste as well.)

Seriously though, slamming someone's argument is fine and dandy, but don't go the ad hominem route. You're better than that.

Take care.

Apri1

Apri1,

I agree that the question posed by Einstein was not answered correctly, and you are right that a more proper answer would have been "I am 42 years of age" or "I am 42" or just simply "42" instead of "42" followed by the addendum of "not understanding". That was a giveaway.

However, I can't agree with your assessment of Einstein as a moron or retarded. He seems to be a decent and intelligent chap to me. (After all, he regularly gives my posts "likes". Anyone who does that is not only intelligent, but has exquisite taste as well.)

Seriously though, slamming someone's argument is fine and dandy, but don't go the ad hominem route. You're better than that.

Take care.

No offense, but most people here don't seem to be the smartest bunch. I've already corrected and improved einstein's test several times now, but he seems to want to stick to flaws and believing hoaxes. It's an idiotic thing to do. And yes, exactly that. Just saying "42" or "I'm 42" would have sufficiently answered the question. The additional comment was meant as a "hah now if you say I'm wrong it's because you don't actually know the answer", when in reality the question was about his personal self, which wouldn't have required that statement, demonstrating prior knowledge wasn't there.

The fact that this is chalked up as a success demonstrates the very obvious flaw in Einstein's "test". Not to mention there was 0 followup and he simply believed the answer. Certainly he should ask for a birth certificate or ID?

taykair

Again, you'll get no argument from me that the answer was not proof of time travel, extra-sensory perception or any other "spooky" thing. I agree with you completely on that score. I just have a problem with disagreements descending into name-calling, that's all. It's just unnecessary.

As for most of the folks here not being very smart, I am reminded of a quote from Thomas Carlyle:

"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Smart guy, Tommy was.

Himalayan Hermit

Again, you'll get no argument from me that the answer was not proof of time travel, extra-sensory perception or any other "spooky" thing. I agree with you completely on that score. I just have a problem with disagreements descending into name-calling, that's all. It's just unnecessary.

As for most of the folks here not being very smart, I am reminded of a quote from Thomas Carlyle:

"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Smart guy, Tommy was.

Agreed. There is no need to be nasty. There is no need to assume who is an idiot and who is not. Be nice and let's time travel :D

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
No offense, but most people here don't seem to be the smartest bunch.
I get your other points, but with that statement, I disagree. I think most people on Paranormalis are very smart. It depends on which member(s) you are referring to, but most of my Paranormalis friends that are regulars are smart.