My first thread. Titor and Israel.

Sliders

The agreement between John and his grandfather was that he travel ahead to 1998 and warn his family about Y2K and help them prepare for it. That's what the deal was between them. (If you can, read the book that John's mother published of John's Internet posts and writings. Her side comments are very informative.)

John's grandfather tweaked the IBM 5100 that he gave him to take back to his Timeline, but he couldn't tweak all the rest of the computers. By then the machines had already gone out and were distributed. All his grandfather could do was to warn his colleague's, the Engineers, about the problem. (Who knows if anyone even believed him way back then. His bosses might have poo-pooed the idea, because Y2K was 32 years away.)

Eventually, those Engineers in turn passed on the information to the public, but nobody listened until the 1990's. The closer we got to the Year 2000, the more experts began listening. When they discovered that it was true, they worked on a Y2K 'Fix'.

The Y2K fix cost BILLIONS of dollars to fix and a LOT of time. Companies and agencies started addressing the problem about 2 years before the year 2000, but many waited longer. As a results, computer experts were hired from around the world to fix computers to become Y2K compliant. They were scrambling to fix the problem in time.

That's why President Bill Clinton formed the 'President's Council on Y2K Conversion'. It was a Federal Task Force formed to bring the attention of the problem to businesses, agencies, and the public...to take the Y2K problem seriously so it could be fixed.

I know about all this, because I co-founded a Y2K Task Force in Humboldt County, CA. We addressed fixing the Y2K problem on a county level. I also received an acknowledgement Certificate/Award from the President's Y2K Council for my work. Only 3 Awards were given in my county. (I'm not bragging, I'm trying to make a point that I know what I'm talking about.) A representative from the President's Council even held a Live television event in our city with a Panel for Q&A, trying to inform the public, using our efforts as an example, in an effort to take the Y2K problem seriously. (That's why it pisses me off when somebody says Y2K was a bunch of hooey! Anyone who says that doesn't know squat about it.)

--------MORE---------

There were some Y2K conversions that were not finished in time.

EXAMPLE: PG&E in Northern California had a Y2K glitch happen. Electric and Gas bills were not sent out for MONTHS, then suddenly everyone got bills for hundreds and/or thousands of dollars for past months! There were tons of people who experienced this problem, and the utility company could NOT shut off their power for not paying their bills, because they had not received them. So PG&E told everyone to come in and work out payment plans to pay off their utility bills.

My sons were one of the victims of that Y2K glitch. They got a utility bill for $1,200 and I still have the original in my Research Journals.

That is just one example. But it would have been much worse, if no conversions had been made. PG&E was just late in taking the problem seriously, and it cost them. But the good news was, at least the utilities didn't shut down! It was only the Billing Department that had problems.

---------Military Efforts---------

The Federal government also trained and prepared the military for Civil Unrest in the last couple of years leading up to Y2K, because they knew all hell would break lose if the problem wasn't fixed in time. There was military training in major and minor cities around the U.S., including tanks rolling through Oakland, CA. Actors played the parts of desperate, hungry, angry civilians during those exercises. There was video footage of it on the News and Youtube.

---------John Titor---------------

So John's grandfather didn't 'fix' the problem as it was already unleashed, but he was the source of getting the word out about the problem. The Y2K problem was AVERTED through effort and hard work!

I believe John was a real TT, and if he had not visited our Timeline, Y2K would have caused many deaths, just like it did on his Timeline.

Glad we can have someone with the experience you have on Y2K ! I totally agree with you on that hole thing. You hit the nail right on the head ! The only thing I would differ in opinion is, I believe they started working on the Y2K problem from day 1 (they found out about it). Maybe only a few people knew about it, it maybe took them a wile to spread the info I guess because they would have to explain how they knew about the problem in the first place. I don't think they started working on Y2K in the 1990's, if that was the case we would of had a civil war for sure every thing would of went wacky some banks even had to shut down and that was our Y2K.

Side note: some people were even worried about 9/9/1999, they thought a problem would occur with the coding in software. Major problems like this don't get fixed from 1994-2000 especially in those days. Microsoft today takes years to fix and or release patches or updates to the software and operating systems and that's today's standards 2012.

Samstwitch

I don't think they started working on Y2K in the 1990's, if that was the case we would of had a civil war for sure every thing would of went wacky some banks even had to shut down and that was our Y2K.

Believe me when I tell you, then didn't start working on Y2K until the 1990's.

titorite

My hole thing is the more people working together on this, the better. Besides I really think we are getting some where here.

And where woould that be..... I am not sure making contact with his family would accomplish much...might spoke them...and while they might know a bit more about something... I think they also know as much as any of us.... maybe just a tiny thing or bit more. here and there... they might not even know that they know it.

but uh where else where you thinking??

I

titorite

I don't think they started working on Y2K in the 1990's, if that was the case we would of had a civil war for sure every thing would of went wacky some banks even had to shut down and that was our Y2K.

Yaup... They problem was known but ignored... or so was said.... more like Overlooked originally... then titor then opps. for the price of that opps grampy titor makes go forward then come back and tell me how it goes before he went finally back.

92 less folks ignored it but still did squat about it. 94 95 96 roll on people do stuff. by 97 to 99 everyone is y2k compliant hooray... whats unix? LOL

Sliders

My hole thing is the more people working together on this, the better. Besides I really think we are getting some where here.

And where woould that be..... I am not sure making contact with his family would accomplish much...might spoke them...and while they might know a bit more about something... I think they also know as much as any of us.... maybe just a tiny thing or bit more. here and there... they might not even know that they know it.

but uh where else where you thinking??

I

They might know a lot more even things that were not disclosed to us, The John Titor of our time should be an adult by now, maybe he should come forward and write a book and disclose some time travel info, I mean other people have done it he won't be the first (Andrew D. Basiago and others...) their is still a lot of answered questions and missing peaces to the puzzle. Besides humanity deserves to know the truth.

"The need of the many out weigh the need of the few or the one" -Spock

Samstwitch

The John Titor of our time should be an adult by now, maybe he should come forward and write a book and disclose some time travel info...

Are you referring to John Titor the Time Traveler who came here from 2036?

If you're referring to the John Titor who was born in this Timeline, he is only 14 years old at the present time.

Sliders

Ok so would it be accurate to say some people knew about it way before hand but governments and companies started working on the problem in 1994 ?

Sliders

The John Titor of our time should be an adult by now, maybe he should come forward and write a book and disclose some time travel info...

Are you referring to John Titor the Time Traveler who came here from 2036?

If you're referring to the John Titor who was born in this Timeline, he is only 14 years old at the present time.
What year was John born in?

(wasint he 4, when John met himself in 1998 ? I could be mistaken...)