Was Jesus aware of being Yahweh?

NaturalPhilosopher

I really did laugh. I always find it amusing when people who know nothing about me find it necessary to make pronouncements about me. (Of course, I’ve done the same thing – which is even more laughable.)

Yes. I’ll be dead soon. No disputing that. And my generation will be gone as well. True enough. And the next generation will meticulously review all that my generation has done (and all that we have left undone). That is a fact.

What is also a fact is that the next generation will, most likely, draw all the wrong conclusions from their “re-evaluation”, and sink us even deeper into ignorance. After all, my generation screwed over our elders, so… karma, I guess.
ok boomer

alpha centauri

Too late.

All of Christianity and Islam has failed to keep up with better secular standards.

That and we are getting our moneys worth, education of children wise.

More education equals more recognition of religious scams by even the mainstream religions.
Facebook also lost. Facebook banned LGBTQ-activism as hate speech, because some Muslims were offended by a picture of gay people at Mecca . They have to take the account back, now.

Gnostic Christian

A rough translation would be:

There is no religion. They are all lies. Our gods come from the stars.

I would say it somewhat differently:

There are as many religions as there are people. Each one contains within it a personal truth. Our gods come from our minds.
IOWs, our friend is a naturalist.

Intelligent that, given that our natural minds create the natural and supernatural notions of our gods.

That fact is why Gnostic Christians say humans are their own gods.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian

Facebook also lost. Facebook banned LGBTQ-activism as hate speech, because some Muslims were offended by a picture of gay people at Mecca . They have to take the account back, now.

In a sense, it is hate speech.

It speaks of justifiable hate against those who hate without a just cause.

I myself hate homophobes and the misogynous on principle.

For their hate and evil to grow, all good people need do is not hate homophobes and the misogynists.

Regards
DL

lamdo263

Was Jesus aware of being Yahweh?

I have wondered how Christians rationalized Jesus' last words --- "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Jesus seems unaware that he was God.

What did Jesus mean by forsaken?

The usual definition means abandoned or deserted.

How can one abandon or desert themselves?

If Jesus knew he was Yahweh, how did he feel about the poor reputation the Jews gave Yahweh?

Is that why the Jews tried to kill Jesus more than once before the cross got him?

Further.
Jesus also said that he and god were one, yet scriptures seem to show Jesus as Yahweh’s good side and Yahweh as the evil side.

If Jesus/Yahweh shared the some consciousness, which they would have to given that there is only one god in Christianity, why are they so different?

Regards
DL

Question, Was Jesus aware of being Yahweh?​

Yes' mildly he was, but this was a society and time hierarchal deal. He had to know that he was god affiliated, but more or less it did not occur to him to get real worried about it. One has to relate to all of how it happened. He was in what you'd call in this era, an awesome dude. He was also reborn a number of times in this relative era.

Mayhem

Zenith
IOWs, our friend is a naturalist.

Intelligent that, given that our natural minds create the natural and supernatural notions of our gods.

Regards
DL

Agree on this 100%

Gnostic Christian

Question, Was Jesus aware of being Yahweh?​

Yes' mildly he was, but this was a society and time hierarchal deal. He had to know that he was god affiliated, but more or less it did not occur to him to get real worried about it. One has to relate to all of how it happened. He was in what you'd call in this era, an awesome dude. He was also reborn a number of times in this relative era.

Why did he think his affiliated god had forsaken him?

Was he mildly asking himself?

Regards
DL